Saturday 8 January 2011

THE WIND BROUGHT WARMTH



The wind has changed. Dropping all the snow down from tree branches. Warming the air. I am afraid, but I think to have smelled the spring yesterday even though it snowed all the day heavily. This early. But that is how the spring comes, in steps. In storms. Backwards and forwards with the winter. I think that the winter still wins for some months.

There are two new prints in my shop. Rainy Day in A Nearby Forest and Stollinn:

— Drip drop sounds through leaves as raindrops are landing. Fresh scents of pine, cherries and birch tree leaves. Soft wet grass under bare toes. Gentle summer rain is here.

— Mountain called Stollinn is like a chair for a giant. It frames a small fishing village in North Iceland and holds a small glacier tightly behind its back. Weather keeps Stollinn playing hide and seek game. Sunshine makes it golden, mist and rain makes it to disappear.

How are you?

Here it is nap time of a Saturday evening. Then a long walk to see if the streets are already cleaned after the storm of yesterday. A bit of chocolate. A lot of tea. Lots of love.

17 comments:

  1. sounds like the perfect evening. enjoy it! love from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely there. love your work. and your pretty outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stollinn is so beautiful. It's fun to hear about your winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minäkin ajattelen jo kevättä, vähän varovasti vielä. Talvea lienee jäljellä.

    Uudet printit ovat upeita, tykkään niiden värimaailmasta valtavasti. Ja sinun neuletakistasi myös!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am going to sleep. But before that, I want to wish you a beautiful wintery evening. With a little smell of spring which is always so refreshing.

    :) And love your sweater. Is it your handmade? xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get so excited when I see in my blog reader that you have posted something because seeing your illustrations and paintings always makes me smile. You are just so talented! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so glad i found your blog, such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bow on your blouse goes so well with your lovely print...

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfection. your work, your words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also thought he saw a breakthrough in the spring of blue sky and sun was very short but strong and appreciated the rain has taken its place and moved again to remind me my tea

    Mountains suggest their giant chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all! and the way you describe the seasons is sublime...blessed those happy hands and her happy owner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a lovely way to depict the wind

    you are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're so talented. i just have to ask; how do you make your prints?

    ReplyDelete