Tuesday 15 May 2012

A SHADOW OF LAST YEAR'S JULY




Sun wakes me up at 6 am. Fetching newspaper from outside, the sun tickles birch leaves. That green happens only for a few days in a year. The green after the spring rain. Drinking tea, reading the newspaper on the floor. Friend knocks on the door, we drink morning coffee, talk about music. Gazing the clouds in the horizon, will they become friendly or not on the way. 


Friend leaves for work, I choose one of the soft cotton papers. Mixing a few spoonfuls of Payne's Grey Blaulich color. Painting a background, letting it dry. Fixing a few clothes meanwhile, sewing machine hums, small details sewing by hand. The background is dry.


Choosing the color buttercup yellow and cranesbill purple. Leaves from different greens. Frozen strawberries and blueberries with ginger and almond milk for breakfast. More leaves of blue tones on the paper.


The clouds appear closer, they are friendly summer clouds. A turtle and a hare at least, in woolen clothes of sheep. On the sky. Floating in the blueness.


Lunch time, carrot coriander soup. A walk. Thinking how to continue the painting. 


The photos are from last summer at grandmother's. More of those July birch tree leaves in wind.




Happy Tuesday with sunniest greetings!

23 comments:

  1. I agree. The green of early spring is very special. Were the berries on the line a treat for the birds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy if you think so too. Now we are about to enter the summer tones.

      The berries were there because I have only two hands, and I had to put them somewhere for a while while doing other tasks before eating them (:

      Delete
  2. sounds like a perfect day- are those fruit drying out? I wish I was able to have coffee with friends more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The berries were there just to rest before I had everything done and free hands again to enjoy them.

      Hopefully you can ask friends for a cup or two soon again!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful summer images... wish you a lovely day, full of quiet breezes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your paintings and drawings! Just amazing! I wish I could draw like you. sensible, sweet, simple... CONGRATULATIONS from Menorca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an idyllic day...it sounds heavenly. Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri.

      That place is very dear.

      Delete
  6. You always remind me that life is a dream, right when I need reminding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling me that, Liz. It makes my days even better (:

      Delete
  7. Lovely to hear about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Liz.

    What a wonderful day. I'm left imagining buttercup yellow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today we almost have summer here. And so it should be for the whole week. Greetings from my small balcony to you dear Denise (:

      Delete
  9. the reds and greens look very striking. oh i so much want to eat carrot and coriander soup now..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the first photo. It's really colorful and beautiful.
    It makes me comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine, it makes so many things to look nicer.

      (:

      Delete
  11. you paint a rainbow with words.

    red and green is my favourite colour combination. quite specific shades though...like those of raspberry coloured tulips against the vivid pea green of their edible looking leaves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, sunlight does tickle... and I always enjoy reading your nature descriptions.

    ReplyDelete