Wednesday 31 October 2012

ONE WINTER NIGHT

Forest Cuckoo -print



It can happen sometimes, at 23:02, just when you are brushing your teeth and have just switched on your reading lamp by your bed and are eager to get in between fresh clean sheets on a cold first winter night, that you get the idea that you were searching for for the whole day. Then it naturally happens that your reading lamp shines lonely and you find yourself toothbrush still in mouth sketching fourty-five minutes later. 

Written on my sketchbook last week with drawings of trees, birds and snowfall.

Two new prints, Forest Cuckoo and Blossom Sailing plus some new greeting cards in my online shop. Hopefully you enjoy them!

Silently the first snow came, silently it also disappeared other night. Thank you for the comments in the last post, it became such a nice dictionary of the word "snow". Rain on the calendar with hints of sun rays.

Have a good last day of October, welcome November! Warm evening greetings with dark cloud silhouettes on the sunset sky!

19 comments:

  1. Oh, I know that 'situation'! Sometimes you get the most and best ideas just as you are getting ready for going to bed!
    Your drawings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those precious feathered friends, I love them! All of my ideas come as we're climbing into bed... I think that's my boyfriend's least favorite thing about me haha! Love seeing the greeting card pack - look at all of those beautiful things you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like the first painting. finding the idea when you don't expect it is wonderful, it is the same as the baby only falling asleep as soon as you stop trying :-) happy november!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm new here. Just want to say that your drawing are lovely, the color you used. I love them all.
    Happy week day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo beautiful. inspiration is so unpredictable, but so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cuckoo are as real birds wanting to fly...

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stumbled upon your blog, your drawings are so dainty! love love love! xmoira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your precious work with us - again and again.

    Well, I don't consider myself a classical "night person" as in "Party all night long!" but writing, sketching, getting creative usually starts around 10 pm and can go on till 2 am...At least, that's what I did during the previous two years.
    But now I'm working full time and can't do this anymore during week. So I need to find new times to get creative... :)
    Happy november - hopefully it won't be too dark and grey.

    Greetings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sawadee Krub from Thailand!

    Have just discovered your beautiful and charming work via Bright Bazaar.

    Your paintings are exquisite Anna - nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ihania nuo flow-hetket. Niiden pitää vaan antaa uskaltaa viedä! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi c",)
    Nice works...
    Beautiful pictures and lovely colors...and a lots of details!! c",)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Often, I wake up at 3:00 a.m. or 4:00 a.m. and realize I've been painting in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Blossom Sailing print is just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards, absolutely all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Blossom Sailing is wonderful ♥ F.

    ReplyDelete